Did you know that March is Florida Bicycle Month? In Northeast Florida, there are plenty of events coming up for cyclists of all ages and abilities to enjoy. FDOT is responsible for a multimodal transportation system that supports transportation alternatives, such as the bicycle, all year long. Check out these five great ways to celebrate biking this month!
5. Take advantage of JTA’s Bikes on Buses program!
You can load your bike onto any Jacksonville Transportation Authority bus at no cost, with no permit required.
4. Ride in one of these upcoming cycling events in District 2.
March 11 – 13: Chiefland Bicycle Ride / Tour
March 14 – 18: Gulf Coast Highlight Tours
April 2: Mt. Acosta Classic
April 2: Palatka Bicycle Festival
Thanks to the Florida Bicycle Association for this list of events. They are a great resource for information and activities!
3. Join the Active Streets Alliance in Alachua County.
This month they are hosting events such as trail cleanups, lunch and learns, Pecha Kucha, as well as scheduled rides, to inform and grow the cycling community in their area. Visit activestreetsalliance.org for more information.
2. Take a ride along one of Northeast Florida’s scenic highways!
And of course the most important thing you can do in observance of Florida Bicycle Month, whether you’re on foot, two wheels, or four:
1. Brush up on safety tips for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers at Alert Today Florida.
One thought on “5 ways to celebrate Florida Bike Month”
Pingback: Do you have a bicycle? – v-lifetravel